Royal Federation of Nations
Please Register or Log-In To Enter
Please Register or Log-In To Enter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy Empty
PostSubject: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:31 pm

In recognition of the difficulties associated with changes in the WA Delegacy (obtaining endorsements) and security risk that come with it, this amendment proposes the creation of a permanent WA Delegate nation, whose ownership shall change with the change of chairman.

Section 1.
Creation of Article 21 on chapter 5 that shall read as it follows:

Article 21.
1) The Chairman shall fulfill his duties as WA delegate by taking control of the permanent WA Delegate Nation: RFN Prime
2) In the beginning of his or her term, the Chairman must change the e-mail account of RFN Prime.
3) In the beginning of his or her term, the Chairman must create a new password for RFN Prime.
4) The Chairman must share this password with the Secretary of Intelligence and Defense.
5) The Secretary of Intelligence and Defense may assume the position of WA Delegate temporarily, if deemed necessary.
6) Both the Chairman and the Secretary of Intelligence and Defense are forbidden to discloser the password to anyone else.
7) Anyone assuming control of RFN Prime must take caution and ensure that no other WA nations are being used from their particular IP. Meaning that if they have a WA Nation, they must resign from it 9 days prior to taking control of RFN Prime (and after abandoning RFN Prime they cannot join the WA again for the same period of days). And that RFN Prime is not to be used from public computers. Both the chairman and the Secretary of Intelligence and Defense must be made aware of this, on a special ceremony conducted by the Secretary-General.
8 ) Failure to uphold line 7 will be considered treason.

This bill shall go into effect upon approval of a majority of the Federation Council.

Last edited by Alancar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:32 pm

As you may notice this bill is very much similar to this one: FC.A. 3-3 Amendement to the charter, Chapter 5: The WA Delegacy.

The reason I bring this up again is because last time things weren't properly discussed. As such, I would like to reopen discussion on the subject.

First of all, you might notice some subtle differences on article 5 and 7. Article 5 now states that the SID may take control of Prime "if deemed necessary". This is added to include circumstances like the chairmans inactivity. Article 7 now specifies that you must resign from the WA 9 days prior to taking control of prime as a added security measure.

One think I would like to elaborate is on the advantages of this bill. A permanent delegate is not just convenient it also makes the region more secure. Swamping delegates leaves them with significant little endorsements. The fact is, with a change every four months (sometimes more or less) we will never get high levels of endorsements, as a matter of fact I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) many endorse the WA Delegate when they arrive and tend to not change from that. Plus, when we consider the hassle that is endorsement swap, one could always make the argument that in election times that gives the current chairman an unfair advantage over it's opponents.

That said this is not exactly a win-win scenario. There is the possibility that someone might screw up and fail to uphold line 7, resulting in deletion of Prime. But considering lines 8 plus the stipulation of a ceremony in line 7 and the fact that anyone can see for themselves (keep in mind one sut resign 9 days prior) I think we can safely assume this wont happen, and if it does, lets face it...it would just mean we are a bunch of incompetent fools.

So the biggest issue I can see is this: Even if we play by these rules, is there a significant risk this nation will be deleted? Despite the fact a mod said it was fine it's been pointed out to me that mods are not always on the same page, and they have a "mean streak". If so could we use the forum to get a more general opinion?
Back to top Go down
mongolia
Secretary of Intelligence and Defense
mongolia

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 pm

well i really don't agree with putting us at such a risk, but if this going to become law you'll want to add the out going chairmen can't apply for WA on any of his other nations until 9 days are passed as his new WA will match the IP address of his old WA nation i.e our delegate.
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Done. But do you really foresee that great of a risk? As is that risk us screwing this up or mods deleting it anyways?
Back to top Go down
mongolia
mongolia

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Mainly us screwing up and the Mods deleting us. Mainly us screwing up though, as someone who is a good spy could easily just bring us down so easily with this. Like if Prem. ran he/she could have said he/she had quit the WA and just get us banned for multing and have her/his raider friends move in and take the delegate within the chaos.

But mainly, if we have someone who isn't that experienced with the WA or nationstates in general or just someone who thinks they can beat the system we are just putting not only a raider target but a mod target on our back.

I just don't like putting us under any more risk than we have to be. I think instead of finding ways to keep stability within the delegate position, we should concentrate on recruiting. This is because as you pointed out a lot of new nations come in endorse the delegate and don't do much else. If we did a huge recruitment drive after every election then we'd have no trouble in switching the delegate but it requires all of us to recruit. And right now I don't have the time (am revising for exams)
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 2:34 pm

I agree. We should begin drafting a recruitment bill.
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Man... dead Council.
Back to top Go down
Jonah Jones
Army Otaku
Army Otaku
Jonah Jones

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Yep and dead forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/the_3rd_army
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Well, we need to do something about it. We're facing collapse.
Back to top Go down
mongolia
mongolia

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:28 pm

No we're not just me and Danu are both busy ish, when you has your two key members inactive kind of kicks the region down abit, but I'm done with exams now so am back and no idea about Danu but yeah Razz
Back to top Go down
Danubium
Jew
Jew
Danubium

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Oh, I'm here. And I plan on giving my weekly report very soon.

I wouldn't get discouraged, folks. All regions go through periods of inactivity, we're still here and I'm ready to get back into the groove here soon.

Work and school keeps me tied up, but I haven't forgot about the RFN. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:45 am

Well, if there are no objections, I shall entertain a motion to vote.
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Nah, just remove it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy   FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy Empty

Back to top Go down

FC.A. 3-4 Amendement to the second charter: WA Delegacy
Page 1 of 1