Royal Federation of Nations
Please Register or Log-In To Enter
Please Register or Log-In To Enter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

12/22/09 - Report to the Region

Go down 
+3
Juken
Wykked
Danubium
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Danubium
Jew
Jew
Danubium

12/22/09 - Report to the Region Empty
PostSubject: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:38 pm

12/22/09 - Report to the Region Happy-holidayscopycopy
Happy Holidays to the RFN and her allies! I hope everyone is enjoying being with family and friends, and for those on break from school I hope you’re appreciating your time off.

First off, I’d like to apologize to everyone for the backup in our bank. I’ll get to deposits and business creation as soon as I can. My free time lately has been spent doing a lot of shopping and getting dragged to Christmas parties. I am also on a much needed break from college and am enjoying my time to relax with family. Of course, I check the forums daily, but admittedly my time has been focused on the bare necessities.

It has been two weeks since my last report to the region, and the RFN has seen a lot of activity during that time. We’ve had much to celebrate and much to anticipate. It seems that our region is at last returning to normalcy with the early election of our new Chairman New Marian Cymru. We should all be grateful having NMC as our WA Delegate as it promises us a measure of security and stability we desperately need as a founderless region. Of course, being an FRA member also ensures that our friends will be there in a time of need. This leads me to the first topic of this report.

FRA Involvement and RFNEF Activity
In the last two weeks the Expeditionary Forces have been all across the NationStates world. We’ve had numerous successful defenses, support missions, and liberations. We’ve also had our share of defeats as an increase in raider activity in coordination has peaked since mid December.

For this reason, the RFNEF needs all the support, activity, and membership that we can. New and old members alike are encouraged to consider a career in our defensive military force. This offers citizens an exciting opportunity to engage in a global defender community, network with new people, and defend other founderless regions around NationStates from the threat of invasion. I encourage everyone to consider enlisting as well as registering on the FRA forums. I think the reality of just how involved we are in this alliance can be difficult to notice, however, the FRA has been our main source of support in securing our region. For this we owe it to the alliance to actively contribute to their cause of defending. If you have more questions about the RFNEF or FRA, contact Mongolia3, our SID.

The Economy
Our economy has hit a slight lull, mainly due to my lack of involvement in the bank and in other areas. However, I can promise that I still have many plans to be implemented for our economy. After the holiday season we’ll be back into the groove of things. Expect new things to purchase, especially concerning your reserved slots on the map, and new ways to make money and provide yourself with revenue. Our system is still new and is very flexible. We’ll be seeing many changes in the coming weeks. Don’t give up hope, especially if you’re a business owner. I have not forgotten about you, and I promise to make our economy more in depth and fun to be a part of. Also, I have not forgotten about processing the fees for map slots, they’ll be done soon.

Possible Forum Switch/New Admin
Something that has often been a pressing issue has been transferring to another forum. The administrative system on these forums is unreliable and often does things that we don’t want it to do. (Like giving a random member special permissions and access to restricted forums). Additionally, I believe it is time that we seek out a forum wherein we can introduce an automated banking system. This will remove the need for manual deposits; instead we can function like 10KI or Equilism and have a computer system manage our currency. I think that this is an essential step if we’re to invigorate our economy and provide more convenience. I plan on requesting the Council to vote on this in the future.
Also, I think it’s time for another admin to help with forum maintenance. Mongolia and I have talked it over and we believe that Alancar is perfect candidate to help out our administrative team. If you have objections to this please privately send me a PM and we can talk to Tadin about setting up a confirmation vote.

Department of the Treasury – Positions Available!
As I’ve repeated many times, positions are still available within the treasury. I need someone to manage Payroll as well as more bank tellers. And as always, the inevitable position of Sec. of the Treasury is STILL up for grabs by a motivated and willing individual. This Secretariat position is responsible for everything involving money. (Excluding deposits which are left to admins).

Announcing the Department of Internal Security
Very soon I will be issuing an executive mandate for the creation of the Department of Internal Security (DIS) under the control of the Director of Internal Security. This position will be a part of the Secretariat under the authority of the Secretary-General AND the Secretary of Intelligence and Defense. This department will be solely responsible for monitoring our regional happenings, the endorsement levels of resident nations, as well merging with the Regional Prosecutor’s office to be the lead prosecutor in all criminal cases under the RFN’s jurisdiction. Additionally, this department will be responsible for issuing warrants in the Magisterial Office. This will be a branch of the Regional Protection Agency, and thus act as the law enforcement branch of the Secretariat.
I will be accepting applications for this position starting immediately. Please PM me if you’re interested and we can conduct a short interview. (And yes, I’m aware that the term is ending in a week.)

Recruitment Incentive Program
I will be starting the preliminary phase of our Recruitment Incentive Program. At this phase, the government will be giving out 1,000 credits for each new member you can get to register on the forums, whether they’re new recruits to the region or long time residents. If you get three (3) people to register on the forums, you’ll receive a special graphic to display in your signature as well as a special prize. Make new registrants PM me with who recruited them. I will know if you’re cheating!

Election Week
As announced, election week is starting Sunday the 27th and the polls will remain open for 72 hours. I encourage everyone to get involved. Announce your campaign, campaign for a friend, or ask some tough questions about the candidate’s platforms.
I’d also like to remind the candidates that advertisement prices for election advertisements are available in the Treasury Office. You will be fined if you issue an advertisement without paying the proper fee.

The Return of the RFT
The Royal Federation Tribune will be making its returning debut for a special Christmas/New Years edition. This will be a lengthy and exciting issue, and hopefully mark a return to what I plan on being at least a monthly paper. We’re looking for more writers to join our staff, you have the opportunity to have your own column and write about whatever you want! Please check out the RFT offices to join, and I’m looking forward to this upcoming edition. With everyone’s help, we can create a truly great publication. My New Year’s Resolution will be to keep up with this endeavor.

Recent Executive Order on Deputies
Please be aware that one of the initiatives of this administration is involving all members in our government. Secretaries can appoint deputies to officially assist with their department. If you’re interested in fulfilling one of these roles, contact any member of the Secretariat. There’s always something to do, from organization, to forum moderations, to sending out telegrams to new nations! We need help, and we can’t do it with you.

On a side note...
To those who would seek to usurp this government or otherwise conduct activities of espionage within our region or forums, this administration has one thing to say to you: We know who you are.

Closing Remarks
On a much lighter note, please enjoy this holiday season. Be safe and be happy wherever you find yourself celebrating. After the New Year, the forums will pick back up and we’ll be back in our normal routine. Don’t be discouraged if activity isn’t what you’re used to, but I hope everyone remembers to maintain their presence in our community. It is the individuals that define the momentum and direction that we take, and we are at an important point in our progress where that direction is vital to our success. I’m very confident that we’re at a state in our growth where we have so much to look forward to and we can only get better from here on.

In closing I’d like to issue one last thanks to the FRA member regions, as well as Equilism, and TITO for the aid in our delegate transitions. Happy Holidays to all of you as well from the RFN.

If you've stuck with me throughout this entire report, thank you for reading!

Again, stay involved and stay hopeful! Good luck to everyone in the upcoming elections, I’m really looking forward to them. As always, any questions or concerns can be addressed to me in my office or via PM.

Happy Holidays!

Regards,

The Free Trade Republic of Danubium
Sec. General of the RFN
Back to top Go down
Wykked
Sr. Councilor
Sr. Councilor
Wykked

PostSubject: Re: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 7:18 am

Yes Master

Sorry, I just wanted to use that one.

I like the report and it has been useful to me, considering I'm still new it's a little update on all the little things I need to pick up on. We can all appreciate your being busy.

Don't forget to have a good holiday yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
Juken
Sr. Councilor
Sr. Councilor

PostSubject: Re: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Quote :
To those who would seek to usurp this government or otherwise conduct activities of espionage within our region or forums, this administration has one thing to say to you: We know who you are.

Dammit!! 12/22/09 - Report to the Region Icon_twisted

On a more serious note (or is it?) well done for dioing the update, I know you must be busy. Very good update indeed.
Back to top Go down
Jonah Jones
Army Otaku
Army Otaku
Jonah Jones

PostSubject: Re: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Yes very good Danu. Very happy u have done this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/the_3rd_army
Uber
Beast
Beast
Uber

PostSubject: Re: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Yes thank you very much
Back to top Go down
http://Riot-Shielding.webs.com
 
ZShell Ghost (Has more stars than you)


PostSubject: Re: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm currently still learning, but I'm pretty sure that I could whip up a Java applet to do banking automatically. I'm not sure how it would mix with the forum's system for credit acquisition, but beyond that...
Back to top Go down
Danubium
Jew
Jew
Danubium

PostSubject: Re: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:16 am

Saposhiente wrote:
I'm currently still learning, but I'm pretty sure that I could whip up a Java applet to do banking automatically. I'm not sure how it would mix with the forum's system for credit acquisition, but beyond that...
Really? That'd be great. Let me know what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
Benzei
Sr. Councilor
Sr. Councilor
Benzei

PostSubject: Re: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:35 pm

too long, did not read
Back to top Go down
 


PostSubject: Re: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:35 pm

Mmk I've got everything but the command processor done on my program; now I need to know how to know how many "walking around" (undeposited) credits any user has. If you can get a text file in the same folder as the program that automatically updates with the numbers then I could work with that...

EDIT finished now, it just takes your word on depositing and stuff but you can give it a test. PMed source code
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12/22/09 - Report to the Region   12/22/09 - Report to the Region Empty

Back to top Go down

12/22/09 - Report to the Region
Page 1 of 1