Royal Federation of Nations
Please Register or Log-In To Enter
Please Register or Log-In To Enter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment

Go down 
+2
Jonah Jones
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment Empty
PostSubject: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 am

Currently we have the following on the charter:
Quote :

Chapter 5: The WA Delegacy
Article 20.
1) The World Assembly Delegacy shall be an elected position serving a term of (2) months.
2)The WA Delegate will have access to the Regional Administration of the RFN and be bound by this Second Charter to protect the security and rights of the People, and not infringe upon those securities and rights.
3)The WA Delegate may not password protect the region, nor may the WA Delegate eject or ban citizens without due process of the law.
4) Any citizen may run for the WA Delegate seat as long as they have a WA Nation inside the RFN.

This is inconsistent with the recent alterations (specifically the joining of the positions of WA delegate and Chairman).

As such I suggest altering it to the following:

Quote :
Chapter 5: The WA Delegacy
Article 20.
1) The position of WA Delegate shall be occupied by the Chairman.
2) The Chairman will have access to the Regional Administration of the RFN and be bound by this Second Charter to protect the security and rights of the People, and not infringe upon those securities and rights.
3) The Chairman may not password protect the region, nor may he eject or ban citizens without due process of the law.

Also the following minor corrections:

Quote :
[strike]Chapter 12: Conditional Ratification
- remove the "[strike]"

Article 33. A:
Quote :
2) Dereliction of duty can be defined as:

A. Failure to Uphold the Second Charter and the Law of the RFN
C. Treason

Change to:
Quote :
2) Dereliction of duty can be defined as:

A. Failure to Uphold the Second Charter and the Law of the RFN
B. Treason

Also adding the following to the charter (added material on red):

Article 18 line B:
Quote :
The Supreme Court Magistrate shall be the final arbiter in all cases, except those in which he is directly involved, in which case a suitable temporary judge shall be appointed by the Secretary-General. In case both the Secretary-General and the Supreme Court Magistrate are involved this duty shall be filled by the Council President

Article 19 lines 5 and 6:
Quote :
5) All trials/hearings shall be tried by the Supreme Court Magistrate, except in the situations outlined on Article 18 line B.
6) All dispositions/sentencing shall be rendered by the Supreme Court Magistrate, except in the situations outlined on Article 18 line B.

Also I would like to encourage anyone to review the charter themselves and report here any problems you may find with it.

Last edited by Alancar on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jonah Jones
Army Otaku
Army Otaku
Jonah Jones

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Wow thanks for doing this Alancar. Nice catch on a few problems, and I like the amendment.

But:

In Ch. 5, Art. 20 Sec. 3
Doesn't the chairman have the right to password it in Emergency powers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/the_3rd_army
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:04 pm

George S. Patton Jr. wrote:
But:

In Ch. 5, Art. 20 Sec. 3
Doesn't the chairman have the right to password it in Emergency powers?
If emergency powers are enacted the "due process of the law" is suspended. However I don't think the Chairman currently has, nor he should really, the power to make such a decision unilaterally. That would be the prerogative of the SG and the SID
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:29 pm

I just had a thought...how about the creation of a WA nation (and an email account) that would serve as a permanent WA delegate?

When a new chairman took office he would simply assume control of that nation (first resining the WA on his current nation of course). And then when he was done we would just hand over the password to the new chairman that would create a new password and share it with the SID.

That way we would be more stable and that nation would be able to gain lots of influence (plus no need to go through the trouble of changing endorsements).

Last edited by Sir. Makesgirlscumalot on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jonah Jones
Army Otaku
Army Otaku
Jonah Jones

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Very good idea. We should bring that up in the Sec forum area yet I don't have access until Danu picks his new Sec.
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:20 pm

This shall be brought up for a second reading.
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Added one more thing. This charter is written a bit superfluous at times...

Anyways I'm looking particularly for opinions on regards to this:
Quote :
4) The Chairman shall give access of his WA nation to the Secretary of intelligence and defense (by surrendering his password). The Secretary of intelligence and defense is prohibited to divulge this password to anyone or from taking control of the WA Nation for any reason other than the absence of the Chairman during an emergency.

Since the rest is relatively straight forward

Last edited by Sir. Makesgirlscumalot on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:12 pm

I like that idea of a WA Delegate nation. That certainly would be more secure. I say throw that in this amendment.
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Done. The only question now is the e-mail. Do we create an e-mail for the nation that is permanent or each chairman uses their own?
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:22 pm

probably the chairman's email so they can at least get the notifications in a timely manner. I know if I had the Chairmanship and had a separate email to check for the WA delegate nation, I'd probably never do it.
Back to top Go down
Danubium
Jew
Jew
Danubium

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Having a WA Delegate nation may sound like a good idea, but it'll actually get us into a lot of trouble with the moderators.

Having multiple IPs log into a WA nation, especially if other WA Nations belong to those IPs is a big "no no". We wouldn't want our Delegate booted from WA.
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Hmmmm... That's a fair point.
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Danubium wrote:
Having multiple IPs log into a WA nation, especially if other WA Nations belong to those IPs is a big "no no". We wouldn't want our Delegate booted from WA.
You sure about that? If that was the case couldn't a person get into trouble from logging in from multiple computers?
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 pm

And of course whomever is controlling the WA delegate would have to give up his WA nation
Back to top Go down
Danubium
Jew
Jew
Danubium

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Alancar wrote:
Danubium wrote:
You sure about that? If that was the case couldn't a person get into trouble from logging in from multiple computers?
If those IPs are also linked to other WA Nations. Its happened to me in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 pm

And that could happen even if the person resigned from the WA Before taking control of the WA Delegate?

And if that is the case should I also edit out my previous idea of the chairman sharing his nation's password with the SID? That would be the same issue right?
Back to top Go down
Danubium
Jew
Jew
Danubium

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 am

Alancar wrote:
And that could happen even if the person resigned from the WA Before taking control of the WA Delegate?

And if that is the case should I also edit out my previous idea of the chairman sharing his nation's password with the SID? That would be the same issue right?
If they resign, I'm not sure. Mongolia might have a better answer.

As for your latter question, not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Jonah Jones
Army Otaku
Army Otaku
Jonah Jones

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:10 am

About the resigning from WA thing. You can resign a nation from WA to give it to another nation and later switch them back.
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:47 am

I asked the NS moderators about it, here is the answer:

Quote :
It's possible, but it's also a very risky action to take. When each person adopts the WA nation being passed around, said person needs to have zero nations within the World Assembly when it is passed over to them. I would strongly recommend against doing this sort of action, as it's most likely going to get fumbled up.
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:04 am

I say let's not toy with this. We will just have to do it the old fashioned way
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:19 am

Personally I would move to go for it. It's safe for as long as we are just a bit careful.
Back to top Go down
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot
Totally not Alancar
Totally not Alancar
Sir. Makesgirlscumalot

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:45 am

I decided that since the creation of a WA delegate nation is going to be a controversial decision, it deserves an amendment of it's own. So I will cut it out of this one to keep this short, sweet and agreeable.

I would remind everyone of my request that everyone searches the charter to find minor problems to add here. And I would also request people started to consider motioning this to vote.
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Alright, I'm going to leave this open for another day and if there are no more additions, I'm going to entertain a motion to vote.
Back to top Go down
Maria
Jr. Councilor
Jr. Councilor
Maria

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:15 pm

I believe that there should be a separation of powers; thus, I am against this, because after reading the Charter I realized that the Chairman serves for life, and that means we have the same delegate unless he/she steps down or CTEs.
Back to top Go down
Tadin
Secretary-General
Secretary-General
Tadin

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:18 pm

You're reading an older version of the Charter. The Chairman is an elected position now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment   FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment Empty

Back to top Go down

FC.A. 3-1 WA Delegacy Charter Amendment
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next